5 SUPER ALIMENTS POUR ROMPRE AVEC L' HIVER ET COMMENCER LE PRINTEMPS AU TOP ENERGIE
It’s the winter blahs. You’re tired, rundown, and longing for spring. But will you be ready when it arrives? You can be, if you start now.
Nutritionist and wellness coach Angela Martindale has a few tips to help you shake off winter, fire up your metabolism, and reboot your immune system. It’s National Nutrition Month, and as Martindale puts it, “the perfect time to start prepping the 60 trillion cells in your body for a new season.”
She offers these 5 nutrition tips to help you jumpstart your spring.
1. Snack on Chia Seeds
“Chia seeds pack a powerful immune-boosting punch, all while being one of the best foods for weight loss and muscle repair that you can eat,” said Martindale. She explained that 2 tablespoons of chia seeds have 4.5 grams of pure plant protein (brain fuel and muscle/tissue boost), about 5 grams of omega-3 fatty acids (boosting heart and brain functionality) and around 11 grams of dietary fiber (for smooth digestive functionality).
According to Martindale, studies show that chia seeds contain:
- vital minerals and phytonutrients important to brain/heart/skin and bone health
- high levels of phosphorous, thiamin, and niacin, which are important for metabolizing carbohydrates, fats, and amino acids for weight loss
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds will give you approximately: 138 calories, 17% of your daily calcium, 23% of your daily magnesium, 12% of your daily iron, 3% of your daily potassium, 40% of your daily fiber (10 g), and 9% (4.7 g) of your d
- high vitamin C potency levels for a quick immunity boost and serve as an anti-inflammatory
- aily protein, all of which contribute to and optimize your immune-fighting ability