vendredi 4 mars 2016

EMOUVANT ET INFOS SUR LES LAITAGES

 

 JE VAIS OUBLIER CETTE VIE APPELEE ENFER..
 SOURCE ET SUITE


DID YOU KNOW MY MOTHER?
Did you know my mother? I’m told her name was Belle.
I don’t know what she looked like, but have memories of her smell.
Did you ever hear my mother? Did her cries pull at your heart?
I remember them quite clearly, when the men pulled us apart.
Did you drink from my mother? Did you ever taste her milk?
Did you feel her face against yours? Was her skin as soft as cotton?
I’ve been told I had two brothers, and my sisters numbered four,
Then my mother went to slaughter, of no value anymore.

Were you there with my mother? Did you look into her eyes?
Did you see the fear within them? Did you listen to her cries?
And now my end is coming, I am waiting with my friends,
We are huddled close together, in this place where all life ends.
Will you be there at our slaughter? For the flesh you want to eat.
Will you ever think about us? When you buy that piece of meat.

It’s my turn now, I’m moving. I am going to my end.
I am urged with shouts and kicking, and with sticks that never bend.

I am thinking of my mother, and remembering her smell.
And I know we’ll meet in heaven, and forget this life called hell.

* * *
Poem: by Mary Lynn
Photo: a calf who was stolen from his mother after birth on a dairy farm, denied his mother's milk and confined in a pen to become "veal." This calf was born just to get his mother to start and continue to lactate milk for dairy consumers. "Veal" is a by-product of dairy.
• To learn what happens to male babies born in the dairy industry: tinyurl.com/malebabies

Aucun commentaire: